Saturday, February 19, 2011

Rollin-Luang Prabang

Last day: (Feb 12-13)
We continued crusing, chatting, and hanging out with pet turtles until we finally arrived (7 hrs later) in the lovely Luang Prabang. I checked into a hostel, where I met up with a few other people from the boat, who met up with a few more people from the boat. I checked into my room with 7 british babies (read: approx 19) who are really funny, for 35,000 kip (less than a pizza!) and a group of the boaties went out for dinner, drinks in a town that shuts down at approximately 11:30pm. Its interesting to say the least. But the town is ultra chill, and situated on the Mekong, really beautiful. There is a clear French influence from the colonial days ( although I’m not sure if that’s authentic or just for effect as it is a HUGE tourist area). It is however, touristy, and believe it or not, I’m tired of travelers. I need to find some Laotian friends stat. But the travelers are cool, and I enjoy being part of a group, if you could believe that. IT is hard to get 8 peoples ass in gear, and we did almost nothing today until half two when we finally climbed a hill to get a spectacular view of the city, see a temple, chat with monks, see buddah’s footprint and hang out with Laotian children who were trying to steal spidey.
Group on top


We went for dinner (1 usd plate buffet? Loves it!) and spent a lot of time just lounging, since this city is famous for its ultra laid back, who the hell cares attitude. We went to a really cool bar, where I hung out with the people from my dorm and some friends from the boat. 1 thing I did not know about Laos? They’re communist.



Bar we hung out in

No comments:

Post a Comment