Saturday, July 2, 2011

Diver Diver are you okay, Inflate you BCD!!!

So after a few days I decided to do my rescue course to a) give me something to do and b) because you have to if you want to be a divemaster. The rescue course is HARD. Its a lot of theory, which you don't really do in the advanced, and a lot of skills. The point is the divemasters and instructors you go down with just mess with you and make your life not fun. I thought it was going to be easy since I'm a lifeguard and such, but it wasn't. Bummmmerrr. Overall I really enjoyed the course. It was fun, cause you'd be chilling on the boat and hear a splash and have to save somebody, and it really was about teamwork. I had a nice team, including Ollie the German and Stuntman, and we had a lot of fun. Its interesting, because most dive realating anything could be avoided pretty easily. The worst part was practicing rescue breaths and bringing somebody up from the surface. Its really difficult, but I am now certified, even though if you have to do rescue breaths on somebody you just brought up from 20meteres, lets not kid ourselves, you're not doing anybody any good.
ANyway Patience,Faith and STOP JUMPING IN IF YOU CANT SWIM I"M HAVING A SNACK
ERINJ

No comments:

Post a Comment