Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm BACCCCK and in SINGAPORE

I will not bother blogging about myanmar, just know it was an experience unlike any other and I will be putting up pictures periodically, and that I miss it like woah.

BUt for now I set off on a 5 week journey with my friend Tina, so get ready for Singapore, MORE thailand, and Vietnam! Today was day one of Singapore, as I arrived last night but was too exhausted from 2 days of bangkok to do anything! Tina arrived in this morning and we immediatly headed to the zoo. Singapore zoo is the top zoo in the world, and unlike any other as most of the exhibits the animals are pretty free roaming, especially the monkeys. THere are no cages or anything, making it really beautiful, and HUGE. So big you it didn't seem busy. My favorite part was the night zoo since all the animals that normally stay up at night did, and so having flying squirrels fly over you was amazing. Singapore Zoo, defintily number one in the world. WOrth it.
The next day, thanks to the greatest cousin of all time, Liz, we stayed in the Marina Bay Sands. It was AMAZING. Tina and I rocked up in our backpacker gear to people staring in most hilarious fashion when we asked for VIP check in. Our room had remote control curtains. We really just relaxed by the infinity pool on the roof all day. Amazing views. That night we went to Clarke's Quay where there was a music festival and drank on a bridge from a 7-11 since thats the only thing we could afford. IN this area, internet was 15$hr/internet, 42 dollars for a breakfast, so nothing I could afford.
The next day we checked out and wandered around the city, mainly little India, which was cool, and the first time I've seen the Hindi language which is neat. I like learning new things. We hung out in starbucks in one of the many many malls until it was time to get on a bus to KL. Thats a post for a different day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment