Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pugsley get in the taxi!

Tina and I at Petronas
So Tina and I left Singapore fairly defeated and poor to take a overnight bus to KL. We arrived there way early since KL is much closer to singapore than one would imagine. Upon arriving in KL we got in a cab with a taxi driver I not so affectionatly nicknamed the driver Pugsley, because well, he looked like pugsley. Pugsley couldn't get it through his head that number 30 was a few blocks down from 175, not across the street,so after 45 minutes, Tina and I got kicked out of a cab at 5am in the middle of china town. After 3 minutes of walking in the right direction, Tina and I found our hostel and were successful. However, since it was 5 am we had to sleep on the floor in the common area. Sleep on the most expensive piece of property in asia one night, sleep on the floor in chinatown another. That day we did laundry, walked through a market, saw the petronas towers, got lost in the redlight district and propositioned by various KLers. Not quite our cup of tea. After wandering back to the hostel we watched movies and chatted with other folk. The next day we got kind of a late start, sauntered onto a bus, and went to Batu caves. Once there we took pictures, and walked up the stairs to see a big cavern, which was cool, but they were filming some bollywood nonsense, so that took away from the mystic hindu temple. I don't think temples are mystic, but I mean, this one caould have been. ON the way down there were many monkeys. Lets clarify something, I hate monkeys. A lot. They aren't funny or cute. They are nuscenses and mean. After watching a monkey mount another one, TIna proceeded to provoke it. This monkey chased me and tina down 3 flights of stairs while I ran in fear, shoving asians out of my way. It was out for blood. Blood people. I do not like monkeys. We sauntered back to the hotel and hung out with Hostel folk, drinking and eating super yums Indian food and drinking games before deciding we were going to Penang the next day. Rock on.


Batu Caves

No comments:

Post a Comment