Monday, December 7, 2009

Some observations!

Yesterday was the perfect type of cold. My fellow New Englanders (Who I assume make up over 98% of the total reader population) can attest. It was one of those beautiful clear sky type of days where you bundle up in your cute hat, warmest mittens, and chunky scarf before you go out into the cold. SOmething about it is refreshing. Yeah, its cold, but its a reassurring, yes, Its winter type of cold. Its a type of cold before it gets gray, where you're happy to be alive, before you get jaded against it. Maybe its because I grew up in an area where we knew cold was coming that theres a familiarity in it, and I guess in such a far off land, you take any thing familiar you can get.

Also: Kids are growing on me. (This goes for prek, not necessarily for my elementary) Thats not to say, that I love kids. I've never really liked kids, although I've always worked with them. BUt my kids love me all the time. When I'm sick, and look desheveled, they love me. When I go out of my way to look adorable, they say "Pretty teacher" but still love me. When I holler at them for really messing up, they're upset for a hot second, then move on with their day and love me 10 minutes later. Its kind of nice, even though they're five, that theres always somebody excited to see me. Its humbling and endearing. I'm okay with it.

Those are just a few things that I've been thinking about.
Big shout out to Oma, for her package! Her gifts keep my mother's company underneath mini tree! Thanks for the package! Getting boxes really brighten my day, especially since I'm bumming hard about not being home for the holidays (Its pathetic, another post for another day!)

Look forward to a post about a prison museum I visted this weekend!
3 weeks till christmas, THankfully!

Patience and Faith,
ErinJ

No comments:

Post a Comment