Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving in Kimchiland

I'm not going to lie, this time of the year is my absoulte favorite. Sometime between when it starts getting chilly around October, and till right after the new year is clutch (after that is rubbish).
Something about knowing that everybodys going to be curled up on their couch, watching the Macy's day parade, eating stuffing and laughing with their families makes teaching grammar tomorrow kind of bum me out.
I don't usually get homesick, but I guess if you spend 21 years of your life doing something, and if a holiday is so important in your culture, spending the 22nd year eating Kraft and watching Korean cable is just not appealing.
I'm okay with it. I knew I'd miss out on things, and its not like we're not doing anything (But dinner is postponed until Saturday since we have to work till 8 tomorrow night.) I'll be with some of my friends here, and It'll work out, but still. Holidays are Holidays and if the country your in doesn't even recognize it, its downer.

BUT, I do have SO SO SO much to be Thankful for!!!
Not everybody gets the AMAZING opportunites I have been so BLESSED To have:

Since Thankgiving, I got close with the most amazing roomates; who helped me though senior year, so I am thankful for Digs, Kirface, Hollyyyy, and Johosophat!

Where would I be without '09? WHo knows?

I graduated a great univeristy with a respectable GPA thanks to my parents, so for that, I'm thankful!

I had a great summer with my family, so I'm always thankful for them! Including (but not limited to) Elena, my amazing uncles, and my grandmother; seeing as my summer was spent between Bozrah and New London!

I spent time in the most beautiful country on Earth, meeting amazing amazing people!

Not everybody gets the opportunity to leave their life and travel for a while, so for that, I'm uber thankful!

So Happy Thanksgiving States!

Patience and Faith
ErinJ

No comments:

Post a Comment