Saturday, October 2, 2010

서울타워~~Seoul Tower

The tower

Over the CHuseok holiday, Steve and I decided to check out N.Seoul tower, since neither of us had been up there and we had nothing better to do. We got off at seoul station, and me, thinking that everything else is within a few minute walk from the station, thought we would be there. Thats a lie. You have to climb a MOUNTAIN. well, its not that big, but still recovering from broken foot land, it was pretty intense. We climbed said mountian, with seemingly every Korean in the country. mountain climbing in Korea is always an event, and this was no exception.

We got to the top, and got our tickets and walk around waiting for our turn to go up. At the top there are heaps of locks of Seoul's couples who lock their love there and throw away the key. They're Seoulmates!
Locks with no keys

We went to the of the tower, where you can see all of Seoul. Like Tokyo tower from february, nothing makes you feel smaller than looking at the 3rd largest metropolitan area in the world. i know Seoul pretty intimatly, so it was kind of cool being able to pick out the neihborhoods that I spend my weekends wandering through, trying to pick out where friends live and wondering how a city so intense, can be so simple.
Its not pretty, but it is home

With STeve in a mirror.

We got our fill of it, and started back down the mountain, where we stopped to watch the Sunset over Seoul.


It made me realize that although I've had a rough last few months, and Seoul and I are currently in a love-hate realationship, after I leave, I'm going to miss it desparatly. It IS home, as much as CT would be. SOme of my best friends in the WORLD are here, and I'm going to be devastated when I leave. I know I should move on, and I know I'll be thankful at somepoint when I do, but it is going to be heart breaking to say goodbye.

Patience and Faith,
ErinJ

No comments:

Post a Comment