Wednesday, October 20, 2010

They're sharing a drink called lonliness, but its better than drinking alone...

So tonight is my last night in my beloved apartment. If the job was easier, I'd probably stay here forever. The apartment actually has none of my things in it, as my bags are dispersed among my friends until I return from China. Tomorrow night, ANdrew will be here, living my life, in my apartment, with my kids, doing what I do. Its weird to think about.
Although I'm so excited for the next few years, I have a solid lifestyle, iwth routines and friends here that its going to be really hard to leave in a few weeks. And I know, I know, I can always come back; and I know that although I'm going ot hold onto it, once I make the cut I'll be okay; but it'll never quite be the same. I guess thats life, but now I'm not sure if I'm willing to let it go.
This year has been amazing for me. I've met some of the greatest people, hiked up temples in angkor, surfed in Bali, crossed Shibuya, and immersed myself into the Korean culture. I'm a martial artist and a teacher. I know I'll do just as well in Thailand (at least I hope) and I know its part of he expat game to shuffle around. but I just don't want to leave stupid Beomgye, Anyang.
So heres to the memories, in this apartment, in this town, in this country. I will truly miss it.

안녕, Anyang. At least we'll always have the pole in slang.

Patience, Faith and new Beginnings,
ErinJ

1 comment:

  1. 안녕, Erin. Although I hope to see you once more before you really go back, work won't be the same without you there on Monday. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete