Sunday, October 4, 2009

Chuseok Weekend

Taylor, Kimberly and Me at everland


So this was an extended 3-day weekend of Glory thanks to the Korean holiday of Chuseok. I think its a cross between a thanksgiving, and a day where one pays homage to ancestors of sorts. But don't quote me on that, thats just what I can gather.
So Friday, which was the day we had off I went to the contempory museum of Art with Kimberly and one of her friends. It was pretty cool. I've seen a lot of art in my day, but there were some pieces that were worth seeing. There was a room that sprialed up 3 stories and had 3X3 pieces of art up the entire thing. It was intense. Very cool. The museum itself was definitly worth checking out if you have spare time, but not necessarily some place I would go back to.

A pretty instense TV sculpture in the museum.


Saturday was heaps of fun. I went to Everland with a few teachers from school, since it was a holiday and therefore supposed to be dead. Everlands the biggest amusement park in Korea. It was an adventure. Everland is not in Seoul. EVerland is not in Anyang. Everland is a 1.5 hour busride from here. In which we stopped at bus depots and possibly took backroads through hell. I don't know, I wasn't feeling it. But we got there, kind of late, and hustled through the park. We went on a bunch of rides, had our personal bubbles invades, and were all sorts of confuzzled when the biggest ride there closed at 8. The park closed at 10. This closed at 8. So we didn't get to go on the steepest wooden rollar coaster, which was a bummer. BUt all in all it was a good day, and better than napping, which is what I was doing up until that point. It was a pretty good amusement park, only had 2 rollar coasters that we could see, and closed kind of early. It was fun though, I mean, who doesn't love some good rides.
Throwing up the Peace sign!

Some Weird Ass Jackolanterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment