Monday, March 1, 2010

On Watching Sports in Korea


So for those who are out of the loop, Korea is 14 hours ahead. Thats like, a full DAY. So watching sports in real-time usually start between 3am-7am here. In the case of USAvCANADA hockey, it was a 5:15am faceoff time, which is not a problem for those that stay out until 7am. So me, a few americans and tooo many Canadians piled into our favorite bar, favorite cause they speak English. The game didn't end until 8am, in a heartbreaking overtime period, for those that didn't know. Its okay, I still love our boys.
It is an experience though. Monday was a holiday sooo we got to stay up this late, normally I would not. It was heaps of fun, although weird. In the states, I'm not sure if I even knew a Canadian to be perfectly honest. So I guess it was on par with watching a Sox/Yankees game, with a lot more Yankees fans (Bleeeah) This was the only part of the Olympics I watched which is unfortunate, but what can you do? It was good times.
I wish I could update on all the cool things I did on this 3day break, but I really just took it to get all the errands I haven't had time to do done and relax. Your regularly scheduled adventures to hopefully be back next week.
Patience and Faith,
ErinJ

No comments:

Post a Comment