Sunday, March 21, 2010

Virtual Tour!

So Kira today asked for a tour of where I live. I'll try to rock a video eventually, but for now you can go on the walk Steve and I did this afternoon!

This is my building, Hansol Central Park (as seen from across the street) 15 stories, and a convient store at the bottom. There are heaps of businesses in the building.


When you cross the street you get to the park. This is not a fun picture, but its actually an okay place, especially in the spring. Here is the soccer pitch.


Feeling fat? Don't run in the park. Work out on these random exercise machines all over the place. Thats right. Why join a gym. work out in the park. Its.....special.


This park is riddled with random artwork. We're talking massive dung beetles moving mirrored balls. I wish I was lying. Bored? Check out an sideways house, why not? Thanks Korea. I guess it adds some charm.


THis is "x-game" skate park. I don't skate, but you could if you wanted I suppose. Sometimes its more fun to watch.


You could also play basketball. I don't, but you could in theory. Or you could get lost around the basketball courts trying to get to Subway Sandwiches (ANGELA).


Lets cross the street back to Hansol. K? K. Check out my neigborhood. I live in Beomgye-dong (pronounced Bum gay dong; and no, I couldn't make that up) Here is an area called the strip, not because of what happens during late nights but because it is a strip of buildings 3 or 4 blocks long, 6 stories high with business after business after business. If you need it, its on Beomgye. If you're hungry, you go here. Its hard core.


We then decided to swing by the local aquarium. No. That be a LIE. This is what the street looks like. Heaps of seacreatures. All sorts, mostly fish, squid and octopus. It grosses me out, but I guess I'm getting used to it. Still, its BLEAH.


Bahaha. This is just funny. THis is one of our local hang outs. It does not allow gangsters.


Finally at the very end of the strip is the subway stop, the escape from Anyang. ITs about 35-40 minutes to Seoul proper by transit.

Its not the most interesting place to live, but it is home, and even though I have no idea whats going on, it is comforting as its the only place in an unknown land that I really know.

Patience and Faith,
ErinJ

3 comments:

  1. You used all the pictures I wanted to use! Linking to this post immediately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gangsters picture made me giggle for a very long time.

    P.S. I forgot to tell you, but my puppy accidentally called you about a month ago.

    ReplyDelete