Friday, April 2, 2010

High Fiveeeee

When my kids do something grand, but not grand enough to get a happy face I give them a high five. Or after I discipline them, I'll tell them I'm not mad at them, and give them a high five. ANd they love it. I have a few kids that if I give anybody else one they immediatly yell ME TOO and who can tell a 5 year old boy no? I don't.
I never really understood it.
But yesterday, at TaeKwonDo class I we were practicing jumping roundhouse kicks (it sounds cooler in Korean, but I cannot remember the words for it) and as I was going across the room doing these (not unlike Irish step dancing, when we had to go across the floor jumping) my Sa-Bum-Nim kept yelling good. And at the very end of my set, he looked floored that I could do it, yelled Perfect and put his hand up, to the point where I thought he was going to hit me (which is not unusual in Korea) but ended up giving me a high five.
And for whatever reason, I felt validated.
Whowoulddathunk?

Patience, Patience, patience and Faith,
ErinJ

No comments:

Post a Comment