Monday, April 5, 2010

Stranger in a Strange Land

New Layout, hope you like it. I know, the banner should be a bit bigger, but I was tired of dealing with it, so thats a different dillema for a different day

Happy Easter! I love Easter. NOt only is it the most important day in my religion, but it is a lovely time of year. Kind of like that, schools almost done, its almost summer, but its spring so you get the nice weather and fresh start typa time of year. So I hope you enjoyed it with your family. I guess I spent it with my stand-in family, so it was okay.

Everyonce in a while it hits me, I live in Korea. And sometimes I feel like a resident, like I belong. On Saturday I went to a birthday party where I was the only one there who didn't speak or understand Korean. I do this alot (i.e. TaeKwondo, the street, taxis, life) but didn't expect it for the weekend, and it put me in a pretty foul mood. Luckily, Perogis (althouth not my grandmas) made it better, and life goes on. BUt it does put things into perspective

I have set some goals which be:
Get out of Seoul/Anyang at least one weekend a month. Whether it be planned trips with friends (I want to get to MudFest, Jejudo etc) or adventure korea, I want to see more of the country I have called home for 7 months. This month I plan on going down south for a weekend. But I've only been to Gyeongju, Busan and the islands of last weekend, which is pathetic.

Go into Seoul at least 2 weekends/month. Theres so much in Seoul I have yet to see, and I feel like I started strong on enjoying that city, but with the cold, became indifferent. Time for that to change!
(Please note; I feel like 1 weekend of relaaaaxing is good enough, but its possible I start really trecking around).
Things I would like to see in Seoul
A baseball game
A soccer match
Seoul tower
Thats about it. But I'm sure theres more I can do, and plan on finding it. :)

So thats really my life for now. Once again, Happy Spring, Happy Easter and GO RED SOX!!!

Patience and Faith,
ErinJ

No comments:

Post a Comment