Saturday, September 12, 2009

National Museums, Traffic Accidents and 24hour Shopping malls all in one city?



10 story pagoda in the museum
So I'm seriously falling behind. Don't blame me, blame my shotty internet!!!
BUT This weekend has been UBER Eventful!!!
So Friday night after work I went to Dongdaemun with a few girls with work. Its this MASSIVE MASSIVE MASSIVE market (we're talking 30x Camden) thats open until 5am. I was really bebopping for the experience and less the shopping, and it was an experience. It was huge and people pushing and haggling, and everything looked the same. Unfortunatly, not enough konglish, which is seriously lacking in my life. BUt enough ugly to keep me entertained. We're talking gaudy, tacky, ugly. It was like shopping in the ugly section at the SalVo.
THEN THE ADVENTURE TOOK PLACE. We were waiting to get a cab for about an hour. Ready for the Scene. Rain. Wet foreigners. Taxi on Ambulance action. Sketchy men. yelling in Korean. Hilarity.
We eventually got back so allswellthatendswell. But good god. If I had a nickle for everytime I said ooooohkorea, I could retire by now and I've been here for a WEEK.
Today was super chill. It was my first day here where I had NOTHING planned. So I got on the subway until I felt like getting off.I ended up in Ichon, and went to the National Museum of Korea. This museum was VERY Foreigner friendly, which is apprectiated but us Foreigners. Thanks Korea! Not everththing was in English, but enough was where you could get the general history and what things were supposed to be. It was free which was cool, and had heaps of neat things. They had this really cool 'pensive buddah' which was beautiful. If you have time this museum is definitly worth a looksy. THe highlight was definitly the gardens, with the bell tower and the pagoda garden being beautiful once the ran passed.
This museum was super easy to get to, which is convienent and probably gave false confidence as my first by myself subway experience was successful. I did not have to change lines, so I'm waiting for that day. Heres a couple pictures taken on my shitty camera since I didn't feel like lugging around the heavy one since I didn't know where the day was going to take me. Now I'm combating a cold, which I think is from working hard without a break and not swine, but since I did the whole hospital deal yesterday, we'll probably find out soon. The hospital was an adventure. Anybody wanting to legally become an immigrant needs to do it, and it was so round robin and switching around and doing weird tests that it was all in all very hilarious. Ohhh Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment