Wednesday, September 9, 2009

When I get older, I will be stronger

SOOO I’ve had my first few days at school. I’m really going to like it there. It made me MUCH less scared then the crisis of the first day. Most of the teachers I work with are hella awesome, and I enjoy their existences, and their stories (I feel like for one of the first times I’M not the one with the good stories and tales of adventure). I ate my first meal NOT at school today, called neang, which is a buckwheat noodle in a cold broth. The broth was like a cold cucumber soup, and it was all in all very delightful. It was a pretty neat experience, as we just sat down and my super-chill ridiculously-nice boss just ordered (She’s American but bilingual). And they waitresses just brought out food. No menu. No nothing. It was really different. .
I also decided I think I’m REALLY going to like teaching. After observing for the first few days, and teaching my first class Its really a lot of fun. Not like, an easy job kind of fun, but kind of like science camp fun, where sometimes you want to hit the little fucks, but most of the time they redeem yourself (I was laughing so hard I was crying twice today-it was just out of control). I think with them the key is having heaps of fun, and they’ll have heaps of fun and learn. A lot of the kids go to school ALLL day, then go to a hagawon (a private institution similar to the one I work at) for the majority of the evening. Kudos to them for working so hard at such a young age. So this is my second FULL day here, but I think its going to be a solid yearish. I'm so thankful to be here I am optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment