Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pepero Day


Happy Pepero day!!!
Happy verterns day!!

So today is Pepero day in merry Koreaworld.
What is Pepero day you may ask?
Its pocky day.
Thats right, those little cookies with the chocolate on the top? Koreas got a version called Pepero. and since it looks like a 1, they decided that 11/11 is Pepero day. Pepero day is awesome until about noon, wehn you never ever ever want to see a cookie ever again because all of your kids had given you heaps of them. I gave my kids a cookie, they gave me boxes of them (except for a few kids that gave me other candy).
Its a giant marketing ploy, but its turned into a valentines day like thing. Its not anything else, just Pepero. And there are heaps of types of them (including Nude which cracks me up, only the Koreans). Its probably one of Lotte's biggest days, and I guess is a nice way to say hey to people.
Its a couple thing I guess, and kids bring them for their friends.
They even have stuffed pocky sticks, but I think I'mg going to wait until tomorrow when those bad boys are on sale (or not).

I think its sort of silly, but the Korean Kids work so hard, I think they deserve a few cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment