Saturday, November 14, 2009

War Memorial and Museum

I think this is the actual War Memorial.
Hellllo!
So today Angela, Spidey and I went to the War Memorial and Museum.
It was very big and very cool. You start on this big outdoor park, with large statues. One was of the Korean War (Can this be classified as a civil war? I'm really not sure). The first picture was supposed to represent a strenght and unity. It was actually a very well done memorial. Surrounding the outside were tanks, planes and airplanes. It was really neat, being able to go inside some of the Korean war era planes and the like.

2 Brothers

We then went inside where there was a big drum that the government made for an anniversary of something, I really don't remember. We walked around for a while, looking at old old old battle scenes (Circa 600 and so on). There was a hall with a few replica 'turtle boats,' which were really neat! Its hard to believe that people sailed these!!
Me and turtle boats!

The museum was honestly a fairly run of the mill war museum until the Korean war stuff. I honestly didn't realize how little I knew of the Korean war until I was reading about it-its insane, and something I defintly want to do some reading up on. I was actually really sad reading about it, and didn't realize how bad it was, but they have almost 2 floors dedicated to all things Korean war, DMZ, North Korea relations and the like. We watched some videos on it, and it really shed some light on the situation. Walking through their mock (although not very well done) refugee camp made me realie how terrible this war was. It made me really sad.

Dogtags of fallen soldiers in the shape of a tear drop.

I wish this museum was a little more interactive, but all in all, this museum was awesome. It shed some light on North Korea/South Korea relations, Japan/Korea relations and the like. Defintly worth the look.

On the next episode of EP in korea: Midnight runners, spidermen and life in Asia.

Patience and Faith,
ErinJ

No comments:

Post a Comment