Tuesday, May 11, 2010

And I said, what about, Breakfast at Tiffany's

Korean food is good. Like, SO good. ANd even when its not, its better than "KOrean-Western" which is bastardized Western food (and suddenly I know how Chinese people feel when they order at King Wah.....) But theres one thing that SUCKS about Korean food. BReakfast. Rice and Kimchi for breakfast? I'd rather STARVE. SOOO me and a few friends made the trek out to Suji's in Itaewon for a legit Brunch. Now, keep in mind I haven't had a brea fast since I left the states, so when we arrived and there was a wait, I didn't care.

Taylor and I started off with Bloody Marys, which came with a plant.
Spidey drank mine though :( I KID!

OUt came the most delicious meal I have had in a while. Maybe not, but it seemed like it. BACON, scrambled eggs and PANCAKES with SYRUP. This may not seem like a lot to you, but in Korea world, its HUGE. And although this meal would have been meh in the states, it was AWESOME.

So why not do brunch every sunday? well, for one, it was a 2 hour sojurn from start to finish. And for 2, I spent 30,000 won on this (Read:26usd) on something that in the states would have cost 10 (WITH beverage!) So its nice to do...once in a while. But I probably won't do it again for month or so.

So this Sunday, everybody should have brunch for me! :) <3

Stay tuned: I have some AWESOME shit planned for this summer including (but not limited to) A deep sea fishing trip I got talked into, a Buddhist temple stay, a hiking trip, a trip to the beach, A mud festival, Surfing camp in Indonesia (And that takes us through July). Its going to be a good one!

Patience and Faith!
EP


No comments:

Post a Comment