Monday, May 17, 2010

Why I love Korea

Sometimes, Korea is a fantastic place to live.

A few weeks ago I wiped out inline skating, and my hand hurt. I wrapped it and went on my merry way until I screwed it up in TKD again, so I decided to go to a walk in clinic.

we waited for approx 10 minutes, where I saw a doctor. I told him it hurt and I got an x-ray. 5 minutes later it came out, where the doctor saw me, diagnosed me with a fractured hand, wrapped one of those splint cast things cause I told him I didn't want a plaster one and sent me on my way.
Thats right people, 20 minutes, 14,000 won (12 USD) and I was done.
Which makes me wonder, what is going on in the states where this is a 200 dollar, 6 hour process? There was no paperwork, I literally handed them my Alien Regastration Card and gave them my phone number.
So...Rock on Korea.
And yes, I will be okay. Its not that bad, it hurts. immobilized for a few weeks and I'll be good to go :)

On the next editions:
The lotus lantern festival
Surviving open classes
and, a weekend in Busan 2.0

Patience and Faith, and a little pain,
ErinJ

No comments:

Post a Comment