Monday, May 24, 2010

Merry Buddahmas!

Some Pretty Lanterns
I know, I know, I'm backlogged like you would NOT believe, but being a busy cripple sure will do that do ya. So there is heaps to write about, but for today you just get the SEoul Lotus festival and lantern parade. For better or worse, we missed the festival in order to scope out kickass seats for the parade. Thats not to say we didn't do anything, as we did enjoy making lotus lanterns, that were easy if not difficult with a splint on. Alas. We also got our picture taken in a Hambock (the Korean outfit which was NOT made to fit people with my shape) and walked through Insadong.
After enjoying a kabob and a smoothie, we realized that they were putting out chairs, and decided to stake out seats. We hung around for seemingly forever before the parade got to where WE were. The parade was spectacular, if not a little long, as it was float after float of lantern, or organizations holding lanterns. Think Macy's Thanksgiving parade, minus santa, and replace the balloons with big lit lantens and I think you have the idea. I love lanterns, but my favorite were the FIre BREATHING DRAGONS RAWR RAWR. They were cool. we enjoyed the parade, and the lanterns that Tina eventually got and called it a night. All in all, although touristy was worth the trek. I know, for such an event this is short, but what can you say about a parade?
And now for the part everybody skips too...Pictures!!
Many Many
See? IT BREATHES FIRE.

The queen of Asia

Pretty ladies dancing
On the next Edition:
Busan 2.0:The rain edition
Learning Korean


Until Next Time,
Patience and Faith with some Culture and Class,
ErinJ

Tina, Angela and I in Hambocks

No comments:

Post a Comment