Wednesday, December 15, 2010

BUy you beer buy me beer........

Sleeping!
So after waiting around and wasting time I finally was able to saunter down to the train station and get on my first Thai sleeper train. Let me preface this by saying that trains are my favorite type of transportation, and I would travel throughout the US a lot more if it was cheap and easy. This was fun train as well. Since it was headed to THE BEACH, it was full of foreign kids, and was kind of like a moving hostel. So we all sat back and chit chatted about our Thai experiences up to that point until somebody came and turned the seats that were facing each other into a bunk bed type deal. This worked out, and Hogwart’s express it wasn’t, but it was fun, and got the job done.
Thai trains are ALWAYS an hour late, which is good if you’re arriving at 4am and you’re bus is leaving at 6. This train decided to be the exception, cause I have shit luck, so I spent this weird layover thing talking to a German boy (who was very smart and very sexy may I add) and watching geckos climb up walls and eat mosquitoes on a platform of some backswords train station in the middle of bumfuck NOWHERE. The busses came, and brought us to the ferry. The ferry ride was amazing! SO beautiful, but then I got bored and took a nap.

Now I’m on Koh Tao which is supposedly the best place ever to get PADI certified (maybe cause its so cheap~I’m staying in a resort for free and my class only costs 300 dollars….I love my life), so that’s what I’m about to do. I am more than excited at the prospect of this, especially once we got to the island. If I thought Bali was pretty, I was wrong. This place is so beautiful I almost started to cry~and I don’t cry. Seriously, I walked around with a broken foot for a week and nothing. But I have to thank somebody that all of the events in my life conspired to make sure I ended up here. Simply. Amazing.
P+F
EP

DOn't worry, I'll get some nice pics of the beach up soon

No comments:

Post a Comment