Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Been there, Don Det

March 1-2nd, Don Det
Made it to 4000 islands, and after trollin’ around found a bungalow. Now, Bungalows aren’t normally my thing. I like big dorm rooms where I can talk to everybody, make heaps of friends and always have somebody to eat with. But for this week. I really just want to lounge in a hammock, read my book. Watch the sun set and relax. I listened to some girl in the internet café talk about all of the shit shes been doing, and its kind of making me feel like a bad traveler, but at the same time, I don’t really care. Its not like I’m doing nothing, well, right now I am. I’m literally swining in a hammock overlooking my favorite river in the world, the Mekong, in the most laid back place I’ve ever been, and realize I’m living the dream.




I do like doing things, experiencing things and the like, and I try, but if you could imagine me calmed down and relaxed, I am right now. Its epic. Everybody in this town, and I use the word town loosly, is just hanging out in hammocks, not doing anything aside from the occasional dip in the Mekong and you get the sense that this is the way life should be. If there was less money in the world nad more hammocks, the world would be such a great place. It makes you look around, and look up, something you’re not doing, and enjoy the little things, which here, are the only things. Its going to be a smack in the face going back to Bangkok, that’s for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment