Tuesday, March 8, 2011

PANGLES! WERE LOST

Feb 17

We woke up the next morning to Breakfast, and started our 17km trek down the other side of the mountain. The trek wasn’t really hard, but I was a) the youngest and b) the non-smoker (which I will always be thankful of when I do things like this and scuba diving) so I was cruising up and down the mountain.

Neat jungle tree


One of the girls we went with literally packed everything she owned (roooookie) so was pretty far behind. It was a long haul, but manageable, even in the heat. It was a cool trek, through the Laotian rain forest, underneath the banana trees and the like, and I enjoyed it. That being said, I was really excited to get back to town and get a shower, and use a toilet and the like. I’d like to do more trekking, I just don’t think I expected it to be quite so intense. I really enjoyed getting out of a city, and it was kind of a nice detox for a few days.

Rice paddies


That night we ate dinner and chatted over some Beerlao (best beer in Asia!) and wine, before calling it a night. We decided to leave the next day, Matt to Chiang Mai, and I booked a 24 hour bus to Vientiane, Laos’ capital to get my visa for Myanmar sussed out. I’m not in a rush through Laos since I have 3 more weeks, but theres so much I want to see, and after being lazy through Thailand, I want to get to see most the country.


PANGLES and machete!

No comments:

Post a Comment